1) Remove covering. 2-4 hours later for plastic wrap. 24hrs up to 7 days for 'second skin.' Second skin comes off easier under hot water. (Up to your artists instructions).
2) Clean the tattoo thoroughly with warm water and use plain, unscented soap if needed. Allow to air dry, or use clean, unused paper towel to pat dry.
3) Allow your new tattoo to breathe for approx. 24 hours, keeping it clean and dry.
4) Follow step 2 and then gently rub a SMALL amount of aftercare lotion or similar onto the tattoo twice a day as needed. DO NOT APPLY scented lotions, polysporin, Vaseline, antibiotics, etc.
5) During the healing period you will keep your tattoo clean at all times.
6) NO tanning, swimming, baths, hot tubs, saunas, excessive sweating, scratching, or tight/chaffing clothing while your tattoo is healing.
7) Keep your tattoo clean and follow the above instructions to ensure the best possible healing of your new tattoo.
8) Healing time varies but is usually around 10-14 days (depending on the size and location of the tattoo).
Please contact us if you have any questions about the healing process.